The HIKONIC is back!
This is a swim-hike "mission" allowing you to swim some of Devon's most iconic wild swims and getting to each one via breath-taking coastal paths. This adventure covers a total swim distance of 5km and coast path hiking for 10km - so a decent level of fitness is required. It takes between 6 and 8 hours to complete.
For this, you will be lent one of our Ruckraft from Above Below, a great piece of kit which allows you to swim with your hiking gear (as a tow float behind you) and hike with your swim gear on your back (bring your back pack).
In this activity we take in 3 of the most iconic swims in the UK: the Thurlestone Arch, the end of the Avon river (known as the Swoosh), twice, and Burgh Island.
If conditions are unsafe on the day of your swim-hike, we have an alternative route in which we still take in some the South hams most amazing sights and places. We don't think you will be disappointed!
Included in the price is:
- Full swim guide and safety cover
- Loan of a Ruckraft for your Hikonic
-Food and snacks
If you want a private individual or group swim (we can cater for groups up to 30 swimmers) or have a specific date in mind, please contact us directly via our website or by phone on 07448627184 and we'll discuss it together.
-If you cancel more than 21 days before your swim: we offer a 50% refund
-If you cancel less than 21 days before your swim: no refund
-Able to swim at least 1km in the sea comfortably - it can be flat but can also be choppy!
-Able to walk across uneven terrain (hilly coast path, rocks, beach)
-Able to sustain moderate level activity (hiking and swimming) for 8 hours
Swim distance is between 4.5-5.5km
Hike distance is between 10-11.5km
What to bring
For the swims:
- wetsuit (optional if you're used to skin swimming)
For the hikes:
- suitable footwear for coast path walking
- comfortable rucksack to fit your gear for the day (30l should be big enough)
- light layered clothing (quick dry t-shirt, warm light jumper/jacket and waterproof/windproof jacket)
- sun cream, sunhat
For the fuelling:
- 1 to 1.5 litre water bottle (we'll be able to refill along the way)
- food for the day - bear in mind you will need to carry it, we recommend high energy/easy to digest food you are used to.
- we'll have regular breaks and may have a chance to pick up hot drinks as we go.
Meet and greet at start location where you'll meet our swim guides, both local, experienced in the activity with great knowledge of the area and beach lifeguard qualified.
They'll brief you on the use of the Ruckraft, the detail of the routes and the safety measures.
-hike or swim 1.5km
Online bookings by eola