A 6 hour revalidation of your lifeguard or surf coach safety and rescue qualification.
Valid for 12 months from date of re qualification.
Variety of first aid and rescue capacities as well as the current fitness tests:
- Fitness tests - Lifeguard: 200m beach sprint in 40 sec / 400m sea swim in 8mins
- Fitness tests- Surf coach rescue : 100m run / 100m sea swim / 100m run
- CPR with defib and oxygen
- First aid scenario and questions
- Lifeguard theory scenario and questions
-Be a SLSGB member: follow the link to create or renew your SLSGB membership (+ £25): https://www.slsgb.org.uk/support-us/membership/
-Award still in date, or expired within the past 3 months at date of revalidation
Challaborough beach (TQ7 4HU) & Churchstow village hall (TQ7 3RD)
What to bring
Award aims: The revalidation will update your SLSGB beach lifeguard or SLSGB surf coach safety and rescue for 12months. The course is physically demanding and will include swimming to set times, board paddling, running and lifting.
Training and assessment process: Trained and assessed throughout the day by a SLSGB trainer assessor.
- Physical fitness tests
- Water and beach based practical
- First aid scenarios