This course is aimed at children 9 years old to 14 years old.
Our Learn to SUP session follows the BSUPA Level 1 Born to ride programme and teaches you everything you need to know to paddleboard safely. During the course you will be given an introduction to how the weather and environment affects you, how to carry the board and paddle, paddling technique, different types of turns, self rescue, how to fall safely as well as how to plan expeditions and the basics of stance in surf.
Those who complete the session to the instructors satisfaction will gain the Born to ride Certificate.
Whats Included: Board & paddle, buoyancy aid, wetsuit if required.
When: Wednesay at 2pm, Friday at 2pm & Saturday at 9.30am
What to bring
- Launch and recover safely (with assistance where required)
- Set up paddle, board and leash (with assistance where required)
- Know how to fall safely and recover to shore using a recovery method.
- Have a good basic paddle stroke
- Perform a series of turns
- Show competence and confidence afloat.
- Have an understanding of how weather and tide affects SUP
Online bookings by eola