This 2 hour lesson follows the BSUPA Ready to Ride course and gives you the ability and confidence to go off exploring on your own. You will be given an introduction to how the weather, tides and environment affects you, how to carry the board and paddle, paddling technique, different types of turns, self rescue, how to fall safely as well as how to plan expeditions. When you are able to do all the above, you will have gained your BSUPA level 1 certificate meaning you can hire boards with a nationally recognised qualification.
What to bring
- Launch and recover safely (with assistance where required)
- Set up paddle, board and leash (with assistance where required)
- Know how to fall safely and recover to shore using a recovery method.
- Have a good basic paddle stroke
- Perform a series of turns
- Show competence and confidence afloat.
- Have an understanding of how weather and tide affects SUP
Online bookings by eola