Learn to sail double handed boats on this five day practical course, which provides the perfect introduction to sailing. During this course, our experienced instructors will introduce you to the basic fundamentals and take you through the necessary training to enable you to be confident on the water.
Over the week, we will aim to cover the following:
RYA Start Sailing (Level 1):
This provides a short introduction to sailing for novices. By the end of the course, you will have a basic understanding of dinghy sailing techniques and background knowledge including sailing up, down and across wind, turning the boat and how to recover from a capsize.
RYA Basic Skills (Level 2):
On completion of this course, you will have a basic knowledge of sailing in light winds without an instructor on board and will set out the foundations for developing your sailing skills further enabling you to make good decisions on the water.
Key Learning Points:
- Rigging, launching and landing
- Sailing in all directions
- Capsize recovery
- Safety information
- Basic sailing theory
Our experienced instructors will be with you every step of the way, offering clear instruction, guidance and encouragement.
Please Note: Minimum age for the RYA Learn to Sail course is 16 years old.
Before travelling to Llys Y Fran, we ask that you follow the current government advice and do not travel if you have any of the following symptoms:
- A high temperature: this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature).
- A new, continuous cough: this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual).
- A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste: this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
To ensure the safety of our customers and staff we ask you to sign a health declaration confirming you are free of symptoms.
What to bring
We have changing facilities with warm showers and toilets. Lockers are available with a refundable £1.00.
As part of your course, you will be provided with a buoyancy aid and a wetsuit. We recommend you bring with you:
- Swimsuit for under your wetsuit.
- Change of clothes.
- Sun cream.
- Bottle of water.
- Closed toe footwear*
Please Note: Closed toe shoes are compulsory for water activities and must be worn at all times. Crocs and sliders are not deemed suitable.
Online bookings by eola