What better way to travel to the pub than being on the water under the shadows of woodland along the River Medway. Suitable for beginners to competent paddlers, this experience with your fully qualified SUP Instructor will cover the basics of paddling, all while travelling by paddleboard to The Boathouse in Yalding where a reserved outdoor table for all paddlers will be waiting for you.
Typically this activity takes place on a Friday night arriving for dinner or a Saturday or Sunday morning, arriving for a well deserved brunch. Food and drinks can be ordered on arrival.
Our Paddle to the Pub sessions are for over-18s only.
We’ll provide you with all equipment and drybags for your anything you'd like to take on your board. We cannot provide wetsuits for this experience. We suggest that you park at the Boathouse and get a taxi or a lift to the Paddle Cabin to start your experience with us, and your car is then waiting for you at the Boathouse when you finish. You can also walk along the river which takes about 45 minutes/1hour. In the evenings, please be mindful that you will need to park at The Boathouse in Yalding and get a lift to the Paddle Cabin, as our gates may be locked by the time you have finished your meal.
Paddle Cabin members get 10% off.
If you wish to use your own paddleboard and paddle, email firstname.lastname@example.org for a £10 discount.
- For your safety, we ask that you’re comfortable in the water
- 18+ years old
- Completed Pre-Paddle Questionnaire for every paddler
- You must not, under no circumstances, be under the influence of alcohol or drugs prior to and during the session.
- Please be mindful that you will need to park at The Boathouse in Yalding and get a lift to the Paddle Cabin for evening sessions.
What to bring
Check out our Paddle Prep page for more details of what to wear and what to bring with you.
- Say hello to our Crew at the cabin and be greeted with a smile
- We’ll help kit you out with your paddleboard, paddle and safety gear
- Meet your SUP Instructor for your briefing
- Walk your boards a couple metres to our jetty
- Experience what the paddle life is all about as your Instructor helps you work towards your goals
- Paddle your heart out and make your soul happy
- Finish your paddle at The Boathouse in Yalding ready to enjoy your refreshments and food on an outside table by the river.
Online bookings by eola